Stop Wasting Your SEO Efforts!

If you are anything like me, you can be extremely SEO-centric. To the exclusion of everything else.

You dream in backlinks. Nothing makes you happier than capturing an elusive link from a competitor’s link profile. You know that links = money.

While I would never discourage you to build every damn link you possibly can (assuming they are good), I would like to take a moment to deliver a PSA.

Who knows, this message may just save your life…

Because while Google giveth, Google taketh away. And if you are running an SEO-driven business, you are single-source dependent. Google can take away your riches (your traffic) overnight.

And once that traffic is gone, it’s gone. So, here are 2 basic things you can do to capture at least some of that traffic so that, no matter how evil Google gets, you can still retain contact with some % of former website visitors.

The first thing you need to do is install a Facebook retargeting pixel on your website, which will allow your website visitors via Facebook.

The second thing is to make sure that you are building your damn list. Have multiple opt-in forms on your website that let user sign up to get more info (usually what we call an “opt-in bribe” like an E-book) from you.

I personally use Clickfunnels to manage my sales funnels, but there is a variety of softwares out there.

If you do the above, if Google ever pulls the rug out from under you, you’ve still got your list.

A final thing to consider is dedicating 5-10% of your time exploring new traffic channels. I’ll be the first to tell you that SEO is way more fun than social media, but as marketers our jobs are to test, test, test. Even when that brings us outside of our comfort zones.